True Beauty Modest Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
admin.DyeLia
Admin
https://truebeauty.forumotion.com

A New Outlook on Modesty Empty A New Outlook on Modesty

Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:54 pm
   I would like to share a new perspective on modesty I recently learned in my morning devotion.

When men were created they were clothed with light. Being free from the pollution of sin they reflected the glory of God. At the fall their characters were stained with sin and the glorious light left them. finding themselves naked(representing sin), ashamed they tried to cover themselves(their sin) with leaves but it was not sufficient as we can never do anything properly on our own or cover our own sin. God taught them to make durable more practical clothing(forgiveness, His life for ours) that they would now need to cover their bodies(sin) Thus when people "show off their body" they may not realize it but they are saying  "I am not ashamed to show off my sin, but proud to publicise that I am a sinner." 
On the other hand when we dress in a quiet modest manner we are acknowledging that we are sinners but that we accept His life for ours, His robe of righteousness.
 Isaiah 60:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness...
-Written by a friend I love you
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum